The Bleeding Sun.
-By
Sudhanshu SaxenaI
It was a beautiful evening. I sat there, peacefully, all alone by myself with cool breeze touching my skin, I felt divine bliss. A mildly warm rock soothed me as I watched the sun go down. Groups of birds flying, chasing the sun in vain: as if they wanted to say few last words as he diminishes, like a powerless god fallen from heaven and buried deep into the sea. Everything else seemed to be so indifferent about his demise. A pompous and callous lull surrounded the exasperated atmosphere. A pleasant sight, as you might imagine it to be, he looked all smiling and happy about his downfall.
And then it struck me, I looked at him closely and I saw his pain. He was bleeding painfully painting all the clouds nearby crimson red with his heart crying in excruciating pain. Whining and regretting, with tons of thoughts crossing his mind at the same time, this was not how he always imagined it to be. Helpless he was, had no choice but to cover his pain with a smile. A smile that was good enough to fool everything that surrounded him into believing that he is alright and enjoying every bit of time left. A part of him was furious at everything that existed as their very existence was influenced, helped and carved by him and now that he is going down no one has the time to talk to him, console him, and show him the path as he is wobbling into the wrong one. I felt his pain, I saw things beyond his outer happiness, his pretentious smile. I could easily empathize.
The sun’s story was similar to mine. When the sun began to rise everyone had high expectations of him, everyone who saw him had very firm belief that it’s going to be a sunny day, he is going to shine, follow the legacy of his ancestors who did it for centuries. As hours went by he proved everyone right, he became so mighty that no one could even face him, his brutal strength influenced everyone and everything. He was a force to reckon with, a factor that counts and gets instantly recognised. By mid-day he was the peak of his power, highest point reachable. He became greedy and started wanting more. What he didn’t realise instead of changing the course to reach more might he should have tried to stay at the top where he was, all powerful and comfortable. He continued his journey and the path he chose lead to his downfall. His descend was so disastrous that he himself was in disbelief. Sea which once use to evaporate into the sky by his fury was ready mouth ajar ready to engulf him with a feeling of victory. Small bulbs and lights that hung insignificantly on the street un-noticed by everyone due to sun’s presence started mocking and laughing at sun for underestimating them as they slowly began to outshine sun. It added to sun’s misery. Those small idiotic lights that were in no way comparable to the sun were doing great in their lives, on a small level though but the sun, he was in ruins. His arrogance was crushed to pieces and his faith in himself was shaken to the roots.
But the sun will rise again, it surely will. Tearing apart this darkness and breaking the jaw of everyone who mocked his fall. This darkness won’t last forever, sun will rise again. It has to, it is destined to. Thought that dwelled upon me was hope.
I was busy soaking the feeling I had as my phone began. Screen flashed
"Mom Calling”
I picked up the phone, talked for a while and felt a million times better. May be the sun is not all alone...
Like my writing? Add my page to list of ur pages and I will keep u posted about any new work I do.http://www.facebook.com/pages/ Sudhanshu-Saxena/ 115735805125340
It was a beautiful evening. I sat there, peacefully, all alone by myself with cool breeze touching my skin, I felt divine bliss. A mildly warm rock soothed me as I watched the sun go down. Groups of birds flying, chasing the sun in vain: as if they wanted to say few last words as he diminishes, like a powerless god fallen from heaven and buried deep into the sea. Everything else seemed to be so indifferent about his demise. A pompous and callous lull surrounded the exasperated atmosphere. A pleasant sight, as you might imagine it to be, he looked all smiling and happy about his downfall.
And then it struck me, I looked at him closely and I saw his pain. He was bleeding painfully painting all the clouds nearby crimson red with his heart crying in excruciating pain. Whining and regretting, with tons of thoughts crossing his mind at the same time, this was not how he always imagined it to be. Helpless he was, had no choice but to cover his pain with a smile. A smile that was good enough to fool everything that surrounded him into believing that he is alright and enjoying every bit of time left. A part of him was furious at everything that existed as their very existence was influenced, helped and carved by him and now that he is going down no one has the time to talk to him, console him, and show him the path as he is wobbling into the wrong one. I felt his pain, I saw things beyond his outer happiness, his pretentious smile. I could easily empathize.
The sun’s story was similar to mine. When the sun began to rise everyone had high expectations of him, everyone who saw him had very firm belief that it’s going to be a sunny day, he is going to shine, follow the legacy of his ancestors who did it for centuries. As hours went by he proved everyone right, he became so mighty that no one could even face him, his brutal strength influenced everyone and everything. He was a force to reckon with, a factor that counts and gets instantly recognised. By mid-day he was the peak of his power, highest point reachable. He became greedy and started wanting more. What he didn’t realise instead of changing the course to reach more might he should have tried to stay at the top where he was, all powerful and comfortable. He continued his journey and the path he chose lead to his downfall. His descend was so disastrous that he himself was in disbelief. Sea which once use to evaporate into the sky by his fury was ready mouth ajar ready to engulf him with a feeling of victory. Small bulbs and lights that hung insignificantly on the street un-noticed by everyone due to sun’s presence started mocking and laughing at sun for underestimating them as they slowly began to outshine sun. It added to sun’s misery. Those small idiotic lights that were in no way comparable to the sun were doing great in their lives, on a small level though but the sun, he was in ruins. His arrogance was crushed to pieces and his faith in himself was shaken to the roots.
But the sun will rise again, it surely will. Tearing apart this darkness and breaking the jaw of everyone who mocked his fall. This darkness won’t last forever, sun will rise again. It has to, it is destined to. Thought that dwelled upon me was hope.
I was busy soaking the feeling I had as my phone began. Screen flashed
"Mom Calling”
I picked up the phone, talked for a while and felt a million times better. May be the sun is not all alone...
Like my writing? Add my page to list of ur pages and I will keep u posted about any new work I do.http://www.facebook.com/pages/
No comments:
Post a Comment